- MACHINE VISION LENSES
- ITS LENSES
- 360° LENSES
- INTELLIGENT HOME LENSES
- AUTOMOTIVE LENSES
- PRECISION OPTICS
- OPTICAL COATING
Today, digital photography is considered the most
The first part of the digital photography tutorial will focus on the basic parts and terms you need to know before handling a digital camera. Below are the common terms used in digital photography.
1. Pixel- means the tiniest part of the digital photo. A photo image is composed of combined millions of pixel.
2. Resolution- the overall quantity of pixels in a photo. Raising the resolution would make the image become sharper. Thus more pixels are essential to obtain a better photo image quality.
3. Mega pixel- a photo composed of three to four mega pixels will have a better quality that a photo with only one mega pixel.
4. Dots Per Inch (DPI) - this term is used to explain quality of the computer monitor and printer. Specifically, laser printers have more dpi resolution than monitors. Hence, higher the dpi resolution means better quality.
5. JPEG (joint photographic experts group) - it correspond to the format for saving images in the digital camera.
6. Memory Card- this is where the digital files will be stored. Memory cards consist of different sizes and capacity. A memory card with higher storage capacity would be more convenient to purchase.
7. LCD (liquid crystal display) - almost all digital cameras have this specification. The purpose of LCD is for the photographer to be able to view the scene first before capturing the photo.
Let us move on to the second part of the tutorial. We will talk about the correct way to handle the digital camera.
In fact, it is essential for us to know how to handle the digital camera properly. We can only judge a photographer with his output. Therefore, the way he handle the camera is the main point for him to produce the top quality image.
As a beginner, we should master the methods of taking photos first. However, if we do not understand how a digital camera works, it is difficult for us to handle it. Moreover, we should learn how to take indoor and outdoor pictures too.
Below are the guidelines for a beginner to learn how to take picture properly.
1. Pay attention to the subject
One of the most fundamental digital photography tips. You should be able to compose carefully by working on the frame. Play with your camera, and explore the different shots. Avoid positioning your object at the middle of the photo, as it may result to dead middle image.
2. Capture Close Up Photos
Take great images by capturing them in extreme close up. Close up photos add a little creativity and excitement to the photos. In addition, this feature is only of the different ways to enhance you photo.
3. Use a tripod
Oftentimes digital cameras results to blurry photographs if your hands quiver a little. Getting a tripod will surely save your effort from taking low quality photos, and preserve otherwise great photos.
4. Be active
Try creative shots. Take photos from the top of a hill, or off the side of a yacht. Go outside and explore your environment. You'll surely have fun taking those once in a lifetime photo shots.
5. Join a photography class
Your learning does not only focus on the practical part. You must not only learn through your experience. Learning from an expert would also help to improve your skills as a photographer. Try to join a photography class in your community, or if there are online classes you can log on.
Summing up, it is important for a good digital photographer to keep on learning and polish his capturing skill. So, learning consistently is the best approach to get success in digital photography world.