Optical glass is mixed with high-purity silicon, boron, sodium, potassium, zinc, lead, magnesium, calcium, barium and other oxides according to a specific formula, melted in a platinum crucible at high temperature, and stirred evenly with ultrasonic to remove bubbles; Then slowly cool down over a long period of time to avoid internal stress in the glass block. The cooled glass block must be measured by optical instruments to check whether the purity, transparency, uniformity, refractive index and dispersion rate meet the specifications. The qualified glass block is heated and forged to form an optical lens blank. And then processed into qualified optical lens.
Please pay attention to these points when using optical lenses:
1. Wear finger cots when using, and have them on your hands. Acids, salts and other substances that are easy to corrode the glass surface. If you touch the optical lens directly with your hands, it will cause imprints on the optical lens. If it is not rubbed for a long time, it may become permanent stains, which will affect the image quality of the laser focusing lens. .
2. When not in use, place it on the surface of a soft object. Do not put the bare chip directly on glass, metal, desktop or dirty paper, so that the lens Very easy to scratch.
3. If there is dust on the surface of the lens, blow it with a clean ear ball for a few times to blow off the dust.
4. Handle with care. Many optical lenses are glass products, which are easy to be bruised, chipped and scratched. Take the edge of the lens and do not directly touch the translucent surface. , Even if you wear a finger cot, you can’t touch it directly.
5. When storing, use clean capacitor paper or lens wiping paper to pack, and keep it at moderate temperature (appropriate around 23℃) and humidity (below 40%) ), if possible, put it in a drying cabinet.
6. Once the optical lens is found to be dirty, it should be cleaned immediately, but the laser protective lens should be protected from scratches. Dust can easily scratch the lens.
We should clean according to the following steps:
1. Use an air ball to blow the float on the surface of the component This step is necessary to remove lenses, especially lenses with tiny particles and floccules on the surface. But do not use compressed air on the production line, because the air will contain oil and water droplets, which will deepen the pollution of the lens.
Second, apply acetone to lightly clean the lens. This grade of acetone is almost anhydrous, which reduces the possibility of lens contamination. The cotton ball must be dipped in acetone and the lens must be cleaned under light and moved in a circular motion. Once the cotton swab is dirty, it must be replaced. The cleaning should be done at one time to avoid the formation of crevices.
If the lens has two coated surfaces, such as a lens, each surface needs to be cleaned in this way. One side of the laser collimator needs to be placed on a layer of clean lens paper for protection.
If the surface of the lens has not been completely cleaned, polishing and cleaning must be used at this time. Polishing and cleaning is to use fine-grade (0.1um) aluminum polishing paste. Dip this white liquid with a cotton ball and use it. Because this polishing cleaning is mechanical polishing, the surface of the optical lens should be cleaned in a slow, pressure-free staggered loop, not more than 30 seconds. Then rinse the surface with distilled water or a cotton ball dipped in water.
Optical lenses have stable optical properties and high optical uniformity, and can be used to manufacture lenses, prisms, mirrors, windows, etc. of optical instruments or mechanical systems. In recent years, China has gradually become an important optical glass manufacturing base in the world. Foreign companies have accelerated their entry into China and established joint ventures with domestic companies. After fierce market competition for optical lenses, foreign-funded enterprises have become the main players in China's optical glass manufacturing industry, followed by private enterprises.
With the continuous integration of optics, electronic information science, and new material science, optical glass, as the basic material of optoelectronics, is used in the three major fields of optical transmission, optical storage and optoelectronic display It is advancing by leaps and bounds and has become one of the basic conditions for the development of social informatization, especially optoelectronic information technology.
The raw materials for the production of optical lenses are some oxides, hydroxides, nitrates and carbonates, and phosphates or fluorides are introduced according to the requirements of the formulation. In order to ensure the transparency of glass, the content of colored impurities, such as iron, chromium, copper, manganese, cobalt, and nickel, must be strictly controlled. It requires accurate weighing and uniform mixing when batching. The main production processes are smelting, forming, annealing and inspection.