Lithium Triborate LiB305 or LBO is a newly developed nolinear optical crystal.It is unique in many aspects,especially its wide transparency range,mechanical properties.Its transmission range is from 0.21?/im to 2.3 ?/im.LBO Crystal allows temperature-controllable non-critical phase-matching(NCPM) for 1.0-1.3?/im.Type I SHG ,and also provides room temperature NCPM for typeII SHG at 0.8-1.1?/im.It possesses a relativey(dn?0-6/cm) and being free of inclusion Relatively largequality requirements for sours lasers.Features:Broad transparency range from 160nm to 2600nm High optical homogeneity(dn?0-6/cm) and being freeof inclusion Relatively large effective SHG coeffcient(about three times that of KDP) High damage threshold(18.9GW/cm2 for a 1.3ns laser at 1053nm)Wide acceptance angle and small walk-off Type I and Type II non-critical phase matching(NCPM) in a wide wavelength range Spectral.
SHG Phase Matchable Range
551 ~ 2600nm(Type I)790-2150nm (Type II)
Therm-optic Coefficient(°C, l in μm)
<0.1%/cm at 1064nm<0.3%/cm at 532nm
6.54mrad-cm(φ, Type I,1064 SHG)
15.27mrad-cm(q, Type II,1064 SHG)
4.7°C-cm(Type I, 1064 SHG)
7.5°C-cm nbsp; (Type II,1064 SHG)
1.0nm-cm (Type I, 1064 SHG)
1.3nm-cm (Type II,1064 SHG)
0.60° (Type I1064 SHG)
0.12° (Type II1064 SHG)
deff(I)=d32cosφ(Type Iin XY plane)
deff(I)=d31cos2θ+d32sin2θ(Type Iin XZ plane)
deff(II)=d31cosθ(Type II in YZ plane)
deff(II)=d31cos2θ+d32sin2θ(Type II in XZ plane)
Non-vanished NLO susceptibilities
d31=1.05 ± 0.09 pm/V
d32= -0.98 ± 0.09 pm/V
d33=0.05 ± 0.006 pm/V
SellmeierEquations(λ in μm)
Table 2. Optical and Nonlinear Optical Properties
CryLightprovides the following AR-coatings:
1. Dual-band AR-coating of LBO for SHG of Nd:YAG lasers.
◇( < 0.1% at 1064nm and < 0.25% at 532nm);
◇High damage threshold
◇( > 500 MW/cm2 at both wavelengths);
2. Broad Band AR-coating for frequency doubling Ti:Sapphire laser.
3. Other coatings are available upon request.
CryLight'S Warranty on LBO Specifications
Transmitting wavefront distortion
less thanl/8 @ 633nm
(W± 0.1 mm) x (H± 0.1 mm) x (L + 0.2 mm/-0.1 mm)
central 80% diameter
No visible scattering paths or centers when inspected by a 30 mW green laser
l/8 @ 633nm
10/5 Scratch/Dig to MIL-O-13830A
better than 20 arc seconds
15 arc minutes
Dq < ±0.5o,Df <± 0.5o
15 GW/cm2 for a TEMoo mode, 1.3 ns, 1 Hz laser at 1.064mm
1 GW/cm2 for a cw, mode-locked laser at 1064nm
Quality warranty period
one year under proper use
1. LBO has a very low susceptibility to moisture. Users are advised to provide dry conditions for both use and preservation of LBO.
2. Users are advised to cautiously protect polished surfaces of LBO.
3. CryLightengineers can select and design the best crystal for you if parameters of your laser are provided, for example, energy per pulse, pulse width and repetition rate for a pulsed laser, power for a cw laser, laser beam diameter, mode condition, divergence, wavelength tuning range, etc.
4. CryLightprovides mounts and sealed housing for LBO crystals.
We are here to help you! If you close the chatbox, you will automatically receive a responsefrom us via email. Please be sure to leave yourcontact details so that we can better assist