Glaucoma is not only the one disease related to
When there is increase of pressure inside the eye of fluid called interocular pressure, can damage the optic nerve which is responsible for transmitting the visual information and would cause the loss of vision if it continues. And if no proper treatment has been taken then will lead to permanent blindness. Early diagnosis and treatment can minimize the effects of the Glaucoma and prevent the optic nerve damage.
This disease happen to occur when interocular pressure increases. This result in that the fluid pressure filled the front part of eye called aqueous chamber. This is develop in back of the eye. Its leaves through the channel called anterior chamber, the area between cornea and the iris. The blocked or slow of the channel resulted into build of pressure and that cause of glaucoma. The causes of this disease is unknown even unknown to the doctors but is observed that is tends to inherited from parents (is hereditary). Secondary glaucoma is caused by drugs such as corticosteroids, eye diseases such as ileitis, Systemic diseases.
Glaucoma mainly are of two types that is primary open-angle glaucoma and acute angle-closure glaucoma. Both primary open-angle glaucoma and acute angle-closure glaucoma have different symptoms. Symptoms of Primary open-angle glaucoma includes gradual loss of peripheral vision and tunnel vision in the advanced stages. Signs and symptoms of Acute angle-closure glaucoma includes severe eye pain, nausea and vomiting, sudden onset of visual disturbance, reddening of eyes and blurred vision.
Glaucoma and Ocular hypertension is the main problem people are suffering from now a days. Xalatan is one of the best, most trusted and recommended by the doctor. It is prescription medicine used for the treatment of Glaucoma and Ocular hypertension. The main ingredient of xalatan medicine is Latanoprost Ophthalmic. Product related to this medicine are
Cosopt, Betagan, Betoptic. Xalatan is an ophthalmic solution which is used to treat the disease of the optic nerve called glaucoma and ocular hypertension by reducing the fluid pressure inside the eye.
Before taking this medicine you should know full information about the medicine to avoid any side effect.
1) Xalatan should be kept away from the reach of children.
2) The dropper of the bottle should not be touched to avoid contamination.
3) The use of Xalatan medicine may change the color of the eye lashes and the eyelids
4) The dosage should be exactly as prescribed by the doctor.
5) No other eye medicine should be used while using Xalatan drug.
6) Do not use this medicine if you are allergic to Xalatan and its ingredients
7) Contact lenses should be removed before using Xalatan drug.
8) People having infection in their eyes or swollen eyes should not use this medication without the advice of the doctor.
9) Pregnant women and lactating mothers should not use this medicine without the doctor's recommendation as it may cause harm to the unborn baby and the nursed child.
You should inform your doctor if you re taking any medicine to avoid any drug interaction. Xalatan eye drops should be used exactly as prescribed by the doctor. The dosage should not be increased or decreased on your own without consulting the doctor. The medicine should not be used with contact lenses on. The hands should be washed properly before using the drops. The dropper should not be touched to avoid contamination.