Even though Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 become popular
Why? Sometimes we may only have only one administrator for computer logon. Or sometimes there is not only one admin account, but we have forgotten or lost their password. Or password reset disk that should be prepared previously, is not prepared. So now how to reset Windows 7 administrator password?
1. Restore Windows System to Reset Admin Password
This will show you how to use System Restore to reset the passwords of users to what they were for the date of the restore point in Windows 7.
1) The Boot Priority in the BIOS needs to be set to boot first from the optical drive, insert your Windows disk and re-start the PC, when you see 'Press any key to boot from CD or DVD' press the space bar.
2) After the initial 'Windows is loading files' select your language, time and keyboard preferences and click next, then select 'Repair your computer', and then it'll do some searching then choose 'System Restore'.
3) Remember you must select the restore point before you started experiencing the issues; once you have selected the correct restore point you'll be presented with one last chance before the restore begins, when you are sure everything is correct click next then finish.
4) When the System Restore 'checkup' completes you'll get a 'Confirm your Restore Point' window, click finish then yes to the next window, then you will need to restart the machine to complete the process.
5) When the PC restarts remember you MUST use the password that was active for the Restore Point that you went back to. After Windows restarts you'll get a 'System Restore Completed Successfully' window, just click close.
6) You may need to add back any programs and/or any Windows Updates that may have been removed during the restore process, you may also need to reset any personal settings that may have been changed but none of your personal documents or files will have been removed.
2. Burn a Reset Disk to Recover Windows 7 Admin Password
What kind of software can burn a password reset disk? Windows password recovery tool or password reset software? Now let's try to use Windows Password Genius (WPG) to create a password reset disk.
Prepare accessible computer and WPG first, and plug bootable USB drive into this computer. Run WPG and choose USB media. And then click 'Begin burning' to burn a reset disk. After USB is burned successfully, exit it from accessible computer to get ready to reset forgotten administrator password.
Step 1: Insert USB reset disk into Windows 7 computer and set computer boot from USB
The method of booting computer from USB is different from different computer. But generally, press Del in Desktop PC or press F2 in laptop when you start computer. You will enter BIOS settings interface. Choose Boot option and there are several boot choices for you to select. Move device what you want computer boots from to the first place of them. Now just move USB device to be the first boot place and then press F10 to save it.
And then Windows 7 computer will boot from USB again.
Step 2: Recover Windows 7 Admin Password
The only thing you can see now is the WPG program on screen. Select Windows system - Windows 7, and admin account. Click 'Reset Password' to remove forgotten password.