Classified by optical characteristics and common sense of optical lenses
Optical glass refers to an inorganic glassy material that transmits light through refraction, reflection, and transmission, or changes the intensity or spectral distribution of light through absorption. It has stable optical properties and high optical uniformity. Optical glass can be used to manufacture lenses, prisms, mirrors and windows in optical instruments. Components made of optical glass are key elements in optical instruments.
Then do you know what types of optical glass can be divided into optical characteristics? Let me explain to you in detail:
1. Colorless optical glass. There are specific requirements for optical constants, and it has the characteristics of high transmission in the visible region and no selective absorption and coloring. According to the size of Abbe number, it is divided into coronal type and flint type glass, and each type is divided into several types according to the refractive index, and they are arranged in order according to the refractive index. Multi-laser focusing mirrors are used as lenses, prisms, mirrors, etc. of telescopes, microscopes, cameras, etc.
2, anti-radiation optical glass. It has a large absorption capacity for high-energy radiation. There are high-lead glass and CaO-B2O2 system glass. The former can prevent γ-ray and X-ray radiation, and the latter can absorb slow neutrons and thermal neutrons. It is mainly used in the nuclear industry. , Medical field, etc. as shielding and peeping window materials.
3. Colored optical glass. Also known as filter glass. It has selective absorption and transmission performance for specific wavelengths in the ultraviolet, visible and infrared regions. According to the spectral characteristics, it is divided into three types: selective absorption, cut-off and neutral gray; according to the coloring mechanism, it is divided into ion coloring, metal colloid coloring and sulfur selenium There are three types of chemical coloring, which are mainly used in the manufacture of optical filters.
4. Optical quartz glass. With silicon dioxide laser protective mirror as the main component, it has the characteristics of high temperature resistance, low expansion coefficient, high mechanical strength, and good chemical properties. It is used to manufacture prisms, lenses, windows and mirrors that have special requirements for transmission through various wavelengths. Wait.
5. Ultraviolet and infrared optical glass. It has a specific optical constant and high transmittance in the ultraviolet or infrared band, and is used as an ultraviolet or infrared optical instrument or as a window material.
6. Radiation resistant optical glass. Under certain γ-ray and X-ray irradiation, the transmittance in the visible area changes less. The variety and brand are the same as colorless optical glass, which is used to manufacture optical instruments and peep windows under high-energy irradiation.
Glass lenses include optical glass lenses and high refractive index lenses, which have high hardness and good wear resistance. Generally, their quality and various parameters will not change over time. Straight lens changes, but the impact resistance and weight of the glass lens are slightly inferior to the resin lens. The resin lens is generally much lighter than the glass lens, and the impact resistance is better than the glass lens. It has strong UV resistance, but its surface hardness Lower, it is easier to be scratched.
Optical glass resin lenses and optical lenses are soft due to their characteristics, so you should usually be careful not to let the mirror surface directly contact hard objects. It is best to clean with water before scrubbing. A special test cloth or high-quality tissue paper absorbs the water droplets on the spectacle lens. In addition, optical lenses should be used with caution in places with poor environmental conditions to avoid stains that are difficult to clean.
The coated resin lens should avoid scratching and high temperature, but also avoid acid oil fume and other erosion. Optical lens can reduce the reflected light on the lens surface, see clearly, and reduce the mirror surface. The reflective optical lens emits light, which increases the light transmittance, and also solves the problem of taking pictures under strong light with glasses, and increases the beauty.
coated glasses can prevent the damage of ultraviolet, infrared, and X-rays to eyesight. Wearing coated glasses is not easy to fatigue. The eyesight of the staff in front of the fluorescent screen can be protected.
The resin lens is processed by liquefied monomer at high temperature or UV curing. As the service cycle becomes longer, the environment and temperature change, the film on the surface of the lens and the lens itself The material will undergo physical changes, the film will become uneven when viewed under a microscope, and the local luminosity of the material itself has been different when it is fitted, resulting in light scattering, reduced comfort, and dry eyes and hair after long use. The symptoms of bulging, at this time, you need to replace the lens. The time is about 2 to 3 years.